Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Rave!

Hey all! I'm making my first post here at what we hope is the ironically named "The Scene is Dead" blog, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Why "The Scene is Dead?" You've heard people say it; you may even have said it yourself. I've been hearing it for the entirety of my 6 years of raving, in fact - though it's never once stopped the raves from happening.

The simple fact of the matter is, raving is not now, was not then, and is not going to be dead. What has happened is a loss of focus, a loss of drive, and a loss of interest, to greater or lesser extent in various areas. We will be touching on these topics in greater detail in the weeks and months to come, discussing their causes, their effects, and - most importantly - their solutions.

As my coblogger mentioned in the previous post, it is the people that are the core of our scene. This seems obvious at first, but I'm constantly surprised at how many people miss that. As with any similar subculture, you go for the music - but you stay for the people. Luckily, raving is blessed with some of the best people on the planet. We're hardly perfect, but there's a reason I've chosen to associate with all of you instead of the many other subcultures I could have signed on with. And I'm sure the same is true for each of you. After all, you're still here.

At its core, raving remains what it always was, and ravers are the same as they've always been. We're a sub culture that is inherently optimistic and genuinely passionate about our music and each other; this is not something that dies easily. Raving can be many things, but it is always an adventure, and I'm looking forward to sharing the adventure with you all for many years to come.

Until next time - happy rave!

-D

No comments: